Wondering what to do with all those zucchini right about now? Here is a great recipe from my good friend Lava. It is unbelievably moist and very chocolatey! You can also make them into brownies instead of bread. Either way it’s a winner!
LAVA’S CHOCOLATE ZUCCHINI BREAD
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
½ cups cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 3/4 cup sugar
½ cup butter (4 oz)
½ cup vegetable oil
2 eggs, large
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ cup buttermilk
2 cup unpeeled zucchini, grated
6 oz double choc chips
¾ cup chopped walnuts
Preheat oven 325 degrees, bake for 50 min in a buttered and floured 13” x 9” x 2” baking pan.
1. Sift flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt into medium bowl
2. Beat sugar, butter and oil in large bowl until well blended.
3. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla extract.
4. Mix in dry ingredients, alternate w/ buttermilk in 3 additions each.
5. Fold in zucchini. Mix in choc chips + nuts. Pour into pan.
Bake until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean about 50 min (maybe less in higher altitude). Cool completely in pan.