NEW! Seed Starting Class-March 17
DATE: March 17, 2019
TIME: 12 noon TO 2 pm
INSTRUCTOR: Jannine Cabossel/Tomato Lady
LOCATION: Tomato Lady mini-farm • 56 Coyote Crossing • Santa Fe, NM
Why start seeds when you can buy plants at the nursery? There are many reasons to start seeds inside early. Start plants from seeds if:
• You want to grow unusual varieties that are not sold in the nurseries—this is the #1 reason I grow many of my crops from seeds. So if you want to try that unusual tomato or watermelon, you’ll probably have to start them from seeds yourselves.
• You want to get a head start on spring—start many crops from seed and get them in sooner
• You hate buying more plants than you need—many plants are sold in pony packs-maybe you don’t want 4 or 6 plants of the same variety
• Many times the plants are already root bound—the number one problem I see from nurseries
• You can save money by learning to grow your own veggies from seed
• It’s FUN!!
Participants will learn:
• Which seeds should be started inside and which seeds can be planted directly outside later when it warms
• Learn what dates to start the seeds & what dates to put out in the garden
• Learn about different soil mixes and containers-which ones are best
• How to transplant the seedlings up into bigger pots
• How to care for your seedlings
• How to avoid spindly transplants by using proper lighting
Certain veggies are hard to start from seed like beets and peas. They don’t like to be transplanted and are direct seeded into the cold spring soil and many times the seeds rot in the ground before they can germinate. Let me show you how to grow them from seed inside so they can be easily transplanted without stressing them. Stress free plants are happy plants, happy plants produce more. There are many things you can do to get started successfully, and I will share my knowledge with you. Handouts provided to take home to guide you.
HOW TO REGISTER: PAY BELOW and I will send you a confirmation to your email that you give to PayPal. I will send directions before the class starts.
Step 2: TO PAY: Purchase this class for $20 here (you don’t need a pay pal account, just a credit card):
Need to Contact me? Email me: firstname.lastname@example.org